Friday, May 2, 2008

Weekend Getaway

Tonight Matt and I will be taking the train up to CT to visit my Dad and Molly for the weekend. It's her birthday and we will be celebrating. They live in the "country", as you can see from the picture above. That barn is my Dad's workshop, where he fixes antique clocks for people. This is the view from the bedroom we stay in. Ahhhhh, just breathe in that fresh air!! I look forward to a weekend of reading, crossword puzzles, dominoes (the game, not the fake pizza), eating, going for walks in the woods if it doesn't rain too much, and sleeping. We may even see some wild animals in their yard. They have had visits from bears, turkeys, bobcats, and deer. And lots of little birds. We sit on the porch and just watch all the birds come to the feeders they have around the house. If I can figure out how to get more pictures on here, I'll set up a little slideshow.

No comments: